Want to see what kind of Queensland adventure you could win before you select your favourite? Skip to here before you fill in the form...
4 individual winners will win a trip to travel together to Queensland including; return flights in economy class departing and returning to London; 7 nights accommodation; 1 travel experience/tour/excursion or adventure as selected by each individual.
Travel to Queensland will take place in May/June 2018. Final dates will be chosen by the promoter.
Entrants will be shortlisted and 4 winners will be selected from the 2-stage entry mechanic.
The competition is subject to the terms and conditions below:
1. The promoter of this competition is STA Travel, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W8 6TA.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is free and open to UK residents only (from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), who submit a valid entry to the Challenge Yourself in Queensland competition. In accepting the prize, the winner must confirm they comply with the following requirements:
a) All travel must be completed by 15/06/2018. The 4 winners will travel together on flights selected by the promoter.
b) Video content documenting each winner’s chosen experience will be created to be used on STA Travel global social media channels and online platforms. The winners will feature in this content and acknowledge STA Travel’s rights to this footage for use on both STA Travel-owned and external online platforms.
c) The STA Travel social media policy will be explained prior to departure and must be adhered to.
d) Post travel each winner will provide STA travel, with a blog detailing their experience and 10 high res images, within 2 weeks of their return to the UK.
e) STA Travel will be given full rights for global usage for the content developed by the finalists and winners throughout the competition.
f) The 4 winners agree to feature in filming that may take place prior to the date of travel that will be used on STA Travel social media and associated websites.
4. The prize includes the following only:
1 return economy class flights from London UK to Queensland Australia for each of the 4 winners,
up to 7 nights’ accommodation in Queensland ranging from hostel class (where rooms may be shared) and above, for each of the 4 winners, one tour, experience or challenge of various value and duration as selected by the winner and competition entry stage 1 for each of the 4 winners.
Any additional or associated costs will be the responsibility of the individual winner.
5. The following 2 stage entry mechanic applies to the competition:
a) Stage 1 – Entrants will be required to enter the details on the competition entry form found online at: http://www.statravel.co.uk/challenge-yourself-queensland.htm. Entrants will be asked to select 1 of four challenges/experiences in Queensland available for them to win. Stage 1 of competition entry commences on 02 February 2018 at 16:00 BST and closes on 28 February 2018 at 23:59 BST.
b) Stage 2 – Entrants who completed stage 1 above will be required to submit a 1 minute video following a brief sent to successful entrants via email. Videos will be submitted online via a URL contained in the email. Stage 2 of competition entry will commence on 01 March 2018 at 16:00 BST and close on 23 March 2018 at 23:59 BST.
c) A panel of judges from STA Travel will select 1 winner from each of the 4 challenges/experiences set out at stage 1. The decisions will be based on their preference of the videos submitted at stage 2. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter any correspondence regarding the decision.
d) The 4 competition winners will be announced on 30 March 2018 and contacted via email and/or mobile/social media. Entrants, finalists and the winner using this entry mechanic are subject to the full terms and conditions found at: http://www.statravel.co.uk/challenge-yourself-queensland.htm.
6. Any Entrant may be disqualified from this competition at the discretion of the Promoter for any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or cheating in any way such as:
• Using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party "helper" applications or “bots” to simulate human interaction
• Exploiting the application in any way or using the application in any way that circumvents the purpose and conditions of the Competition.
Only entries submitted following the specified entry mechanics will be deemed valid entries. Any entries which are deemed offensive and therefore not publishable will be disqualified at the discretion of the Promoter and no further correspondence will be entered into.
7. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
8. Entrants can only enter in their own name and any content submitted must be created by the entrant themselves. The Promoter, STA Travel, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
9. The 4 competition winners will be contacted on dates specified in the entry mechanic section. The winners will be contacted by email and/or phone and/or social media. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. The winner must confirm acceptance in writing of the prize and these terms and conditions within 72 hours of being contacted by STA Travel. An alternative winner may be selected up to 5 times.
10. The prize is non-transferable or refundable. If the winners are unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner at their discretion. The prize is for the winner’s use only and in no way covers or includes support for any accompanying partner, family or friend.
11. Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winner’s responsibility to pay.
12. The winners are responsible for getting to any departure points (for tours / flights etc), in time for security checks and the check-in procedures on the day of departure. Travel costs to airports are at the winners own expense.
13. The organisers reserve the right for the winner to be required to pay for their return flight to London if they choose to return before the trip period has elapsed or outside of the dates specified by the promoter.
14. The prize does not include travel insurance (which is mandatory and must be obtained by the winner for the duration of the trip period), passports, meals/beverages (unless otherwise stated), any applicable taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation (unless otherwise stated), accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated all of which are the sole responsibility of the winner.
15. By entering into this prize draw, the 4 winners accept that they will be required to feature in video content documenting their challenge/experience in Queensland. A professional videographer will travel together with the 4 winners to capture this content. The winners will also be required to provide the Promoter with 10 high res images and a blog post summarising their experiences.
a) The winner will receive no payment for this and assigns all rights to the content, including without limitation all intellectual property rights, to STA Travel and partners. STA Travel will own all rights to all content produced by the professional videographer and submitted by the winner for perpetuity, with no exceptions. This includes image rights, and global usage rights.
b) The winner will abide by the Promoter’s General Code of Conduct and Media Guidelines as outlined by STA Travel.
c) The winner's details may be used in publicity including being filmed before, during and / or after the trip prize.
16. The winner agrees to take part, without payment, in any publicity required by the Promoter or resulting from this promotion, during the trip period or post trip.
17. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other STA Travel or third party discounts or special offers.
18. Should the winner not complete the requirements outlined in these terms and conditions, the Promoter has the right to terminate all remaining accommodation, trips and cancel flights.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
20. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
21. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
22. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
24. All entries and further content produced but the winner and any copyright subsisting in the entries and further content become and remain the property of the Promoter and may be used in promotional activity indefinitely. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
25. The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
26. STA Travel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind