Applications now open for 2019!
Book your Summer Camp USA and flights with STA Travel to get the cheapest deal in the UK!
Summer Camp USA is a huge American tradition where kids head to camp year after year for the summer of their lives. With thousands of camps spread across the USA and with various types of camps to choose from you can be sure to find your own unique but perfect fit at camp this summer with BUNAC. Camps love to hire staff from all over the world which is where your J1 visa comes into play. Not only will you have the opportunity to bring your own traditions to camp this summer, but you’ll live, breath and work camp life for up to 10 weeks and get 30 days to travel once you’ve finished! The perfect way to spend all that hard earned dollar.
• Your first night in either New York or Boston included
• Placement at a camp in the USA
• Food and accommodation while at camp
• Pocket money of up to $1,000 depending on your age and experience
• Assistance securing your J-1 visa
• SEVIS - US government fee
• Medical insurance
• Pre-departure orientation day in the UK to help you get ready for camp life
• Access to camp facilities during time off
• Up to 30 extra days to travel around the USA after camp!
Include all of the above and a return transatlantic flight from £499*!
There isn’t just one type of camp in the USA there are thousands!
- Private camps
- Traditional camps
- Faith based camps
- Special needs camps
- Sports camps
- Non-profit camps
The general term used for first time members of staff is ‘Camp Counsellor’ and this is exactly what you’ll be when you head to one of these camps this summer. As a camp counsellor it will be your responsibility to look after the kids and get involved in a variety of activities day to day… sounds fun, right? However, if you have expert skill levels in one of our in demand activities you could be an activity specialist, running sessions all day every day, just get in touch to find out more.
Working at camp is fun, but it is still work. For that reason, there are some requirements that will be expected:
It’s really easy to get your Summer Camp USA experience underway:
• First you need to register and sign up to the programme with a £39 deposit. Along with a few personal details this will give you instant access to all of BUNAC’s expert support.
• After your initial sign up you’ll gain access to your online account and the application process will officially begin which includes interviews, camp fairs, visa days and orientations!
• Applications are now open for 2019 programmes, and will close in March
• Early booking is better for in demand jobs and access to 2018 hiring events
Coming soon: Virtual job fairs
Keep an eye out for our virtual job fairs in November, December and January. Dates announced soon!