• One winner will win a STA Travel gift card to the value of £1,000
Competition Terms & Conditions (Amended 29/09/2016)
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
1. The promoters of this competition are STA Travel Ltd, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W8 6TA
2. Entry is free and open to UK residents only, aged 18 years of age and over who complete the entry mechanic.
3. Entrants must post a photo of their own adventures in Australia or creation of their dream Australia adventure and upload it to social media channels, tagging @statravel and #MyAussieAdventure
4. Employees and immediate families of the Promoters and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
5. The promotion commences 22nd September 2016 and closes on 15th February 2017 11:59 (GMT)
6. Entrants can enter multiple times.
7. The winners agree to take part, without payment, in any publicity required by the Promotors or resulting from this promotion will own all rights to all content produced by the winner and off the winner for perpetuity, with no exceptions. This includes image right and usage rights.
8. The winners will be chosen at random by the 22nd February 2017. The winner will be notified by social media following the selection (within 24 hours). Their name and entry may be published on www.statravel.com and via any STA Travel social platforms (including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Names of the winners (first name, last name and city) may also be announced in the STA Travel e-newsletters.
9. In the event that the prize notification is unanswered, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. An alternate winner may be drawn up to 3 times.
10. The Promoter will award the specific prize to the second drawn entry if the prize remains unclaimed within a 48 hour period after the prize notification is sent. An alternate winner may be drawn up to 3 times.
11. The prize will be booked by STA Travel and Bestival and all prize offerings are subject to availability.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
13. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
14. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
15. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
16. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
17. The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
18. STA Travel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.