Eight winners (between 18 and 30 years of age), will receive a four week internship in South Australia and a return flight to Adelaide with Cathay Pacific, subject to the terms and conditions below:
The flight tickets and land prizes are non-negotiable and subject to availability. Flight routing is London to Adelaide in economy class, subject to blackout dates and / or restrictions on the flights.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The promoter of this competition is STA Travel, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W8 6TA.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is free and open to UK residents only, aged between 18 and 30 years of age, who have not travelled to Australia on a working holiday visa, who complete, in full, the entry form available via STA Travel’s marketing channels.
4. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
5. The promotion commences 7th February 2014 and closes on 6th March 2014 at 23:59 (GMT)
6. Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter, STA Travel, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. Entrants may enter each of the eight prize pools once for the duration of the competition.
7. The winner will be chosen after a selection process undertaken by STA Travel and South Australia representatives by 30th April 2014. The winners will be notified by phone and email following the selection (within 48 hours).Their name and entry may be published on www.statravel.com and via our social networks. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. Names of the winners (first name, last name and city) may also be announced in the STA Travel e-newsletter.
8. The winning eligible entry will win:
a. 4 week internship in South Australia
b. Return economy international flights with Cathay Pacific to Adelaide from London
c. Return airport transfers in Adelaide (in the case of intern placements on Kangaroo Island and Port Lincoln, return flights to/from Adelaide and airport transfers are also included)
d. Accommodation for the duration of the internship
e. Living allowance of AU$500
f. Working Holiday Visa
9. The internship, flight tickets, land prizes are non-negotiable and subject to availability. Flight routing is London to Adelaide in economy class. The winners must accept the whole prize and may only fly with the Cathay Pacific flights offered as part of the prize. All winners will fly to/from Adelaide in September on a date agreed by the Promoter. All flight dates and times are at the discretion of the Promoter.
10. It is the responsibility of prize winners to ensure compliance with government regulations for the application of the Australian Working Holiday Visa.
11. The prize is non transferable or refundable. If the winners are unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner at their discretion.
12. For some of the internships, applicants are required to have a full, clean and valid UK driving license. The Promoter will advise on this during the selection process.
13. The winner must confirm acceptance of the prize within 7 days of the prize being offered. The flight booking must be completed within one month of acceptance of the prize (31st May 2014) with STA Travel or possible forfeit of prize may be incurred.
14. No cash or credit alternatives will be offered. Frequent flyer credit does not apply to this transportation.
15. Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winner’s responsibility to pay.
16. The winner is responsible for getting to the departure airport, London Heathrow, in time for security checks and the check-in procedures on the day of departure. Travel costs to/from Heathrow Airport are at own expense.
17. The winner accepts the stated internship conditions and cannot re-negotiate any terms of the internship agreement. No further payment beyond living allowance of AU$500 can be negotiated. This pocket-money is a voluntary payment through the promoter and does not constitute any enforceable payment act. The payment will only occur if the winner completes his/her internship obligations. Should the winner fail to comply or cease the internship before the agreed period, the payment of the living allowance will become invalid.
18. The organisers reserve the right for the winner to be required to pay for their return flight to London Heathrow if they choose to return before the trip period has elapsed.
19. Reservations / Ticketing - Reservations may not be confirmed earlier than 30 days before departure. Tickets must be issued within 14 days after reservations are made. Waitlist is not permitted. Maximum 4 sectors allowed on the booking.
20. The prize does not include travel insurance (which is mandatory and must be obtained by the winner for the duration of the trip period), passports, meals/beverages (unless otherwise stated), any applicable taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation (unless otherwise stated) or any other costs of a personal nature not stated all of which are the sole responsibility of the winner.
21. By entering into this prize draw, the winners will be required to report on his/her experiences whilst in South Australia via updates, blogs and content uploads to the pre-existing social media platforms (Facebook page, Twitter, YouTube etc.) until at least the end of the trip. A specific blog page will be also used for this purpose. The winner will receive no payment for this and assigns all rights to the content, including without limitation all intellectual property rights, to STA Travel and partners. The winner will be supported by the Promoter to meet his/her responsibilities listed above. His/her details may be used in publicity including being filmed before, during and / or after the trip prize. The winners will need to complete a trip report plus an interview with STA Travel upon their return; this must be completed within 2 weeks of return.
22. The winner is required to participate in all activities included in the itinerary.
23. The winner agrees to take part, without payment, in any publicity required by the Promoter or resulting from this promotion, during the trip period or post the trip.
24. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other STA Travel or third party discounts or special offers.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
26. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
27. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
28. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
29. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
30. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
31. The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
32. STA Travel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.