We’ve covered Vancouver, so next up in our Canadian series is Calgary and the Rockies. With its glittering lakes and majestic peaks, the Canadian Rockies are one of the main reasons people come to Canada – there really aren’t enough superlatives to describe the splendour and beauty of the land. With forests, lakes, rivers and snow-capped mountains, there is something for everyone. So here’s 7 reasons NOT to go! We’re thinking of you here, you’re going to be spoilt for life!
- I-Spy will be forever ruined after spotting glaciers and mountains along the Icefields Parkway, ‘lamppost’ just doesn’t quite compare.
Image : Pretraveller
- You will be mesmerized by the blues and greens of Athabasca Falls, all other colours will seem dull. Rainbows will fail to put a smile on your face.
Image: Jasper Travel
- You will fall in love with Lake Louise and its crystal clear waters. You will not want to go anywhere else, or see anything else. It will completely mess up your itinerary!
Photo: Travel Alberta
- You’re skiing skills with be on another level after hitting the slopes in Banff – your friends will abandon you, so you will need to resort to life alone amongst the snow.
Photo: Basecamp Group
- Alberta meat will ruin your taste buds forever, your saliva glands will cry with disappointment on your return home not knowing when they will taste something so delicious again.
Image: Travel With Bender
- It’s cruel to let yourself experience these epic glaciers and mountain views, when you know you have to come back home and back to work. Why would you do that to yourself?
Image: Thousand Wonders