Does Fergburger do the best burgers in the world?

Did I mention I’ve been to New Zealand’s South Island? Well, I did, and it was amazing (here are five reasons why it was so awesome). I wasted no time in telling people I was going, and asked those who’d already been for some tips. Normal questions, you know – where was your favourite place? What do I have to do? What’s the one thing I can’t miss?

The answers were really diverse – New Zealand has so much to offer, after all. But the one thing everyone seemed to agree on was that when I was in Queenstown, I had to go to Fergburger. “Where?” was my naïve response. Cue gasps of indignation, cries of “You’ve never heard of Fergburger?” and similar responses to make me feel the same way I felt when I was at university and revealed I ’d never seen the film E.T.

If, like I was, you’re a Fergburger virgin, here’s a quick rundown. Fergburger is a Queenstown institution, having served huge, juicy burgers since 2001. It’s pretty much a rite of passage for anyone heading to Queenstown, and many claim that they’d swim back to New Zealand for a bite of the burgery goodness.

Behold, the mighty Fergburger | Image by me

Does Fergburger do the best burgers in the world?

All the fuss got me thinking: just how good can one burger be? Does everyone feel so passionately about it? So I did what all good products of the 21st century would do. I took to Twitter and asked our lovely followers for their opinions. Does Fergburger do the best burgers in the world?

The response was pretty overwhelming. There’s nothing like a debate about burgers to get people all riled up. Here are just some of the Tweets we received. If you got involved, thanks so much! If you didn’t, get involved now in the comments thread below.

Catrin gets straight to the point

Katie loves it so much she used capital letters

Controversial talk from Barney

Shane tucks in

Jasey says what we’ve all thought at one time or another

Emma just couldn’t get enough

Neezam’s had better

It was almost too much for Casey…

…and Bianca…

…and James (though to be fair, the Big Al is massive)

Jennifer wants one right now

And Becky sums it up quite nicely

Best in the world or not, Fergburger is definitely a must-do if you’re in Queenstown. Hankering to go? Check out our cheap flights to New Zealand, and flexible bus passes that stop in Queenstown! Remember to let us know your thoughts on Fergburger in the comments thread below..

1. lucie

CODFATHER!!!!

2. Dear Mallory, I am trying to parse your comment so that it has something to do with what Ariane wrote, but it is difficult for me to do it. Perhaps my eyes are putting typos in the first and last seceennts? But for me, she wrote about the ethics of a ABA per se, not a personal group of usses or thems who may like doing it. There really is a world of difference in the nature of those two concepts. Thanks, Ib

3. No complaints on this end, simply a good piece.

4. Recently I have brought Philips Sonicare FlexCare Rechargeable Sonic Toothbrush with Sanitizer which is very effective in cleaning the teeth. This got the battery indicator to keep in check. This is ordered via an online site.

5. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.

6.   July 23, 2010I would go for the blue/purple pair but the yellow pair is also a really nice colour, I just don’t wear much yellow. And I hate orange so the pink/orange is out for me. They are all pretty shoes though.

7. Your update photos are gorgeous, you are one fit mama! It must feel great to know you won’t need to worry about post baby weight, that’s the best thing about the way u live every day!! So cool that u are bonding with baby boy G, I can only imagine how special that must be, so excited for u!!

8. January 28, 2010 – 12:46 pm Thanks for a concise and invaluable tool, Matt. I work with hundreds of small business owners who generally are intimidated by the process of online marketing. I’ll be sending them to this posting as often as possible as it may do quite a bit to calm their anxiety. SEM shouldn’t be a necessary evil and a wild goose chase and you help articulate that better than I often can.

9. Posts like this brighten up my day. Thanks for taking the time.

10. This could be an individual particular of the most helpful weblogs We have at any time arrive across on this issue. Essentially Impressive. I am also a specialist in this topic so I can realize your challenging get the job done.

11. Created the greatest articles, you have.

12. Gale Norton is about to resign as Secretary of the Interior; perhaps you’d like to check out her interior, eh?Sure, she’s a little old, but Condi is 50, so try and be a little lenient.

13. powerhouses might have some other healthy effects too, like boosting your body’s natural detox system, and helping build strong bones. Eat

14. Only if “Cfox” is a party member trusted with the secret knowledge of where that line is drawn. But has Cfox ever commented here before? Got the decoder ring and the tattoo? I think not.Perhaps both your “party” and your “line” are fantasies?

15. Starting with Colors? You don’t consider Unleashed better than 06? You don’t see how Colors is a LOT like Unleashed to begin with? OKAAAY! Whatever you say. o:

16. Wow! Great to find a post knocking my socks off!

17. Hey, you used to write wonderful, but the last few posts have been kinda boring?I miss your tremendous writings. Past several posts are just a little out of track! come on!

18. That’s a posting full of insight!

19. Stands back from the keyboard in amazement! Thanks!

20. Станіслав ШейногаОх і ххх… Як заговорив. Щось не подобається, то йди лісом на інші сайти. А бидло скоріш це ти, москалику, бо сунеш носа не в свої справи, ще й ображаєш інших.

21. I would love to add that in case you do not currently have an insurance policy or else you do not participate in any group insurance, you will well reap the benefits of seeking the help of a health insurance professional. Self-employed or people who have medical conditions typically seek the help of a health insurance agent. Thanks for your post.

22. I am a mother of three, 23, 19 and 3. The two oldest are now training (weightlifting,etc) in some form 4 or 5 days a week. I have always been fit and healthy. The three year goes to the gym with me and he does puchups, pullups and “abs” everyday. He wants to be strong like MOMMY!! Now that is a great feeling!

23. An answer from an expert! Thanks for contributing.

24. سلام!آغاز سال Û±/Û±/Û± را به تمامی بازماندگان دنیا تبریک عرض می نماییم! -به خانواده میگفتم:کار رسانه ای دشمن باید برای ما درس و عبرت باشه…

25. Bonjour Céline,Contente de vous avoir donné le sourire ! J’ai eu cette idée il y a un petit moment déjà, car c’est quelque chose à laquelle j’ai toujours fait attention (pas le même parfum avec les mêmes chaussures) et puis le billet est venu de lui-même. Je suis d’accord, cela donne d’autres idées… Dans un prochain billet sûrement!

26. That’s a sharp way of thinking about it.

27. Your posting really straightened me out. Thanks!

28. So excited I found this article as it made things much quicker!

29. btw, selbst der Pre3 mit letztem offiziellen HP-webos konnte mich nicht davon überzeugen, meinen alten Palm TX einzumotten. Für PIM-Aufgaben ist das Teil immer noch unschlagbar, sei es die Übersicht im Kalender, die Memos oder die lokale Synchronisation über Kabel, ohne über 20 verschiedene dubiose und halbfunktionierende Webservice-Apps gehen zu müssen.

30. Deep thought! Thanks for contributing.

31. Hey, you’re the goto expert. Thanks for hanging out here.

32. This view is also sooo relevant when it comes to kids watching TV. There is so much judgement from other moms re: how much (or how little) kids watch, or which types of shows are allowed. My daughter has learned a lot from TV, and it’s given me some precious moments of sanity… I’ll never regret that!

33. i got only new, … i got only new, but i more like old couse sarcasm face + black white = i would make 212313 henchmans and items like helicopter, big truck etc, on orange purple is so hard couse that bricks hard to find :<too bad i dont bought any set from old batman series when they was on shopssory for my terrible english but mayby you will understand 1/3 of words : DD

34. hat ha engem kerdezel (nem kerdeztel, tudom:), nalam a cukkini 90%ban _nyersen_ vegzi, salataban, uborka helyett, de mondjuk ez csak friss-roppanos cukkinibol mukodik, de legzsenialisabb, mert lagyabb uzi, mint az uborka, “elegansabb” lesz tole a salata

35. La 6ta edición del SABF impulsará a encontrar e potenciar nuevas acciones y habilidades personales en la manera de hacer negocios teniendo en cuenta la sostenibilidad del medioambiente, el impacto social y el protagonismo dentro de la sociedad en la cual vivimos. La oportunidad de interactuar directamente entre estudiantes y lideres mundiales es una experiencia única que no te la debes perder. Apply now!!!

36. This is a neat summary. Thanks for sharing!

37. How can I signup for the early adopters program? I have Google Apps Standard, but there is no message in my dashboard. Can I set all my users to english from the dashboard?

38. Well sadly, El Bulli is now going to close for good. Living only a couple of miles from this World Famous Restaurant, i always thought one day, when the children can feed themselves, i would be able to eat their, but sadly no.Let's hope that things change, and i get my wish.

39. / We’ve done some interesting stuff using conjoint analysis – looking at different elements of the employment proposition and what appealed most to the talent pool. What was interesting, however, was using the data to segment not on demographics, but on motivators. Only one group in four identified really seemed to be aligned with where the corporate strategy was heading, which was interesting and led to changes in talent ID and recruitment.

40. This was so helpful and easy! Do you have any articles on rehab?

41. What they are doing and the level that they are playing is really difficult – it doesn’t need a jerk to make it any harder. I wish her well – tell her to hang in and not give up – there will come a time when someone else will recognize the talent! :)

42. Thank you so much for this article, it saved me time!

43. What a delicious salad! I do love eggplant salads and other eggplant dishes. I saw someone mention baigan bharta – one of my favorites! Congratulations on your well-deserved awards!!!

44. Kudos! What a neat way of thinking about it.

45. Articles like these put the consumer in the driver seat-very important.

46. Giadina Justin’s Miley’s and Jonas’s fan.I’m Beliber Jonas Sisters Smiler,rivoglio NILEY perchè erano la coppia + bella del mondo :RESTERETE I MIGLIORI 4EVER VI AMO :D scrive:vero sofy cmq ma miley?

47. நண்பரே அ.மார்க்சுக்காக நான் இங்கு வாதாட வரவில்லை. உங்கள் பதிலடிகளில் நீங்கள் புதிதாக எதுவும் சொன்னது போல தெரியவில்லை. ஆனால் பல பதிவிட்டு ஒரு பாவனையை அளித்திருக்கிறீர்கள். ஒரு சிறு சந்தேகம் மட்டும் எழுகிறது உங்கள் பதில்களின் மூலமாக. ஆர்.எஸ்.எஸ் பற்றி எழுதும் கட்டுரையிலும் கும்பல் என்கிறோம்: அ.மார்க்ஸ் ஐயும் கும்பல் என்கிறோம். இது தான் புரியவில்லை. அப்படியானால் அ.மார்க்ஸ் ஒரு பகை சக்தியா?

48. Hallelujah! I needed this-you’re my savior.

49. Good to find an expert who knows what he’s talking about!

50. adults of all ages are enrolling in…college, trade school and professional courses to strengthen skills and increase their knowledge in order to become more marketable and highly skilled in today’s workforce and business environments. in addition to obtaining knowledge and training, man…

51. That kind of thinking shows you’re an expert

52. I like this weblog very much, Its a very nice position to read and find info . “The mark of a good action is that it appears inevitable in retrospect.” by Robert Louis Stephenson.

53. I have 993 Turbo for sale if anyone interested.My asking price is RM380K ono. Done 55000 miles, new paint, new seats, very good condition, number W_ _993. Accident free, new tyres. Service by Porsche.

54. You couldn’t pay me to ignore these posts!

55. Then of course there is the famous Lady Gaga fiasco where the Jakarta Globe was not content to make a fool of itself editorial (see Did The Jakarta Globe’s editorial go gaga over Lady Gaga?); the next day it went one step further with an even more ludicrous defense of its editorial (see The Jakarta Globe mounts a defensive commentary on its editorial)

56. Geez, that’s unbelievable. Kudos and such.

57. That’s a posting full of insight!

58. You have shed a ray of sunshine into the forum. Thanks!

59. Very true! Makes a change to see someone spell it out like that. :)

60. Shiver me timbers, them’s some great information.

61. Ppl like you get all the brains. I just get to say thanks for he answer.

62. Szia!Imádom a fejezetet:) Tényleg tök jó dolog ez az egymással való álmodáshát igen Robbal én is szívesen álmodnék minden nap:) És megölelték egymást:) annyira, de annyira jó. Kicsit lassan, de azért haladgat előre felé a kapcsolatuk. Kíváncsian várom már a következő fejezetet. Mikor lesz Rob szemszögű rész?

63. A moses basket in the gorgeous Kasbah,would send my babe off in a peaceful slumber.Swaying and rocking side to side, on a natural rocking stand,My precious bundle sleeping soundly in the most beautiful bed in the land.This combination sets my heart a flutter,a close second behind adding to my brood a very much wanted 3rd little bubba.

64. this is actually MY image that kim used, with 100% of my permission, when i guess posted on her blog.in the blogging world, there is a line of courtesy where you don't use an image unless you have asked the owner for permission first…..so at this point, if you want to leave the image there, you need to credit me for the photo….or you can remove it completely.thank you

65. Larry G: "US private pension plans have also taken huge hits recently – creating huge unfunded liabilities."U.S. private pensions have unfunded liabilities for several reasons:1. corporations were allowed to reduce pension funding whenever boom markets raise pension fund values; 2. workforces were reduced while retiree populations grew;3. Actuaries years ago underestimated the lifespans of future retirees.Only the last reason is applicable to an indivdually funded private retirement system. If a worker underestimates his lifespan, he could run out of money.

66. Shiver me timbers, them’s some great information.

67. It was 1 dollar a year, but yes I know it’s easy to lie. But still, if you want a device that cost near to the cost it is to make, you’re never going to find that device.

68. Wow! Great thinking! JK

69. La empresa debería re-ubicar en una casa o nuevo departamento a esta pareja. El dinero es secundario, ¿Por qué no les compraron una casa? Se supone que el progreso debería afectar de manera positiva a los involucrados.

70. Kick the tires and light the fires, problem officially solved!

71. Scrivi il tuo commento Puoi usare questi tags HTML : <a> <abbr> <acronym> <b> <blockquote> <cite> <code> <del> <em> <i> <q> <strike> <strong> var RecaptchaOptions = { theme : ‘white’, lang : ‘en’ , tabindex : 5 };   #submit {display:none;}

72. None can doubt the veracity of this article.