2 influencers and 1 friend each will win the opportunity to travel to Melbourne and capture content from 1 of 2 campervan road trips lasting 7 days around Victoria. The experience includes: return flights for each influencer and 1 friend from London to Melbourne in economy class and 7 nights of campervan hire courtesy of THL.
Travel will take place in November 2018 – Date TBC by the promoter. Travel must be complete by 30th November 2018.
The competition is subject to the terms and conditions below:
1. The promoter of this competition is STA Travel, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W8 6TA.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is free and open to UK residents only (from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), social influencers who submit a valid entry to The Ultimate Road Trip Straight Outta Melbourne competition. In accepting the prize, the winner must confirm they comply with the following requirements:
a) Must be at least 21 years old and hold a full, clean driving license to drive in Melbourne and at least 18 years old if they are not the driver.
b) Travel will take place in November 2018 as finalised by the promoter.
c) Each winner will create video content and high res raw photos to be posted on their personal social media platforms and also used by the promoter on STA Travel global social media and online channels.
d) The STA Travel social media policy will be explained prior to departure and must be adhered to.
e) Each winner will produce the following during the trip:
Daily posts on social media platforms
Vlog capturing each day’s activities
STA Travel social channel take-overs – TBC.
On return with the following content within 2 weeks of return to the UK:
50 high res raw images
High res video content to be further edited in-house by STA Travel to be used exclusively on STA Travel global online channels.
1 written blog per traveller
f) STA Travel will be given full rights for global usage during and post-travel for the content developed by the finalists and winners throughout the competition.
g) The winner agrees to feature in filming to take place prior to the date of travel that will be used on STA Travel social media and associated websites.
4. 4. The following entry mechanic applies:
To enter the competition, entrants must:
1. Upload a road trip photo to your own Instagram account
2. Tag @STATravel and @visitmelbourne include the hashtag #utimateroadtripvic
3. Caption your post answering; Why you want to enter the competition and reasons why you should be picked as a winner.
Phase 1 competition entry commences on 8 June 2018 at 16:00 BST and closes on 24 June 2018 at 23:59 BST.
Phase 2 will commence on 6 July 2018 at 16:00 BST and close on 13 July 2018 at 23:59 BST.
The 2 winners will be announced on 16 July 2018 and contacted via social media.
Entrants, finalists and the winner using this entry mechanic are subject to the full terms and conditions found at: http://www.statravel.co.uk/travel-victoria.htm
5. Any Entrant may be disqualified from this Competition at the discretion of the Promoter for any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or cheating in any way such as:
• Using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party "helper" applications or “bots” to simulate human interaction;
• Exploiting the application in any way or using the application in any way that circumvents the purpose and conditions of the Competition.
Only entries submitted following the specified entry mechanics will be deemed valid entries. Any entries which are deemed offensive and therefore not publishable will be disqualified at the discretion of the Promoter and no further correspondence will be entered into.
6. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
7. Entrants can only enter in their own name and any content submitted must be created by the entrant themselves. The Promoter, STA Travel, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
8. The final winners will be contacted on dates specified in the entry mechanic ‘bursts’ individual terms and conditions. The winners will be contacted by email and/or phone and/or social media. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. The winner must confirm acceptance in writing of the prize and these terms and conditions within 48 hours of being contacted by STA Travel. An alternative winner may be selected up to 2 times.
9. The prize is non-transferable or refundable. If the winners are unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner at their discretion. The prize is for the winner’s use only and in no way covers or includes support for any accompanying partner, family or friend.
10. Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winner’s responsibility to pay.
11. The winner is responsible for getting to any departure points (for tours / flights etc), in time for security checks and the check-in procedures on the day of departure. Travel costs to airports are at the winners own expense.
12. The organisers reserve the right for the winner to be required to pay for their return flight to London if they choose to return before the trip period has elapsed or outside of the dates specified by the promoter.
13. The prize does not include travel insurance (which is mandatory and must be obtained by the winner for the duration of the trip period), passports, meals/beverages (unless otherwise stated), any applicable taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation (unless otherwise stated), accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated all of which are the sole responsibility of the winner.
14. By entering into this prize draw, the winners will be required to provide content to summarise their round the world trip.
a. The winner will receive no payment for this and assigns all rights to the content, including without limitation all intellectual property rights, to STA Travel and partners. STA Travel will own all of the rights to all content produced by the winner for perpetuity, with no exceptions. This includes image rights, and global usage rights.
b. The winner will abide by the Promoter’s General Code of Conduct and Media Guidelines as outlined by STA Travel.
c. The winner's details may be used in publicity including being filmed before, during and / or after the trip prize.
15. The winner agrees to take part, without payment, in any publicity required by the Promoter or resulting from this promotion, during the trip period or post trip.
16. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other STA Travel or third party discounts or special offers.
17. Should the winner not complete the requirements outlined in these terms and conditions, the Promoter has the right to terminate all remaining accommodation, trips and cancel flights.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
19. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
20. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
21. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
22. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
23. All entries and further content produced but the winner and any copyright subsisting in the entries and further content become and remain the property of the Promoter and may be used in promotional activity indefinitely. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
24. The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
25. STA Travel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in