Read our essential facts and learn all there is to know about your favourite Twilight characters.
Win a holiday to Vancouver, Canada, the shoot location >
|1) Vampires do not have fangs. No vampire has teeth that differ from normal human teeth.|
2) Vampires have pale skin that when exposed to sunlight sparkles and throws rainbows, like a diamond. Vampire skin is hard like a diamond; they cannot be shot, stabbed or ‘staked’.
3) Vampires are more beautiful than humans
4) Vampires only need to feed twice a month to be in control of their thirst. Vampires do not eat human food – if they do, it must be vomited up later.
5) Vampire eyes change based on how much blood they have consumed recently. Black = Thirst, Red = Well-fed on human blood, Gold = Well fed on animal blood. As they become thirstier, the colour fades to black.
6) Vampires have circles under their eyes that get darker as they get thirstier. When they are well fed, the circles are almost erased.
7) Vampires are superhuman in their speed, strength, ability. Co-ordination and all senses.
8) Some vampires have supernatural abilities: Edward reads minds, Alice sees the future as long as it does not directly involve werewolves (as they are her ‘blind spot’), Jasper controls emotional climates, Aro can read minds, but he also has to have physical contact, Jane can make people feel pain, Demetri is a tracker, Victoria’s talent is a sixth sense for escape.
9) Vampires can only be destroyed by being torn into pieces and burning the ashes – which can only be done by a vampire or werewolf. Vampires are invulnerable to traditional methods of killing them, such as garlic, crosses, holy water, stakes etc.
|1) The Cullens are comprised of: Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, Edward, Alice, Rosalie and Jasper.|
2) Rosalie and Jasper are considered part of the Cullen clan but their official last name is Hale.
3) The Cullens are good vampires and represent light in the series. Their home should reflect not only their reclusive natures, but also that they choose to surround themselves with light. The Cullens choose to live in places like Forks because their like weather that allows them to be outdoors during the daytime without the risk of their skin sparkling when sun hits it.
|1) The Volturi include: Aro, Caius, and Marcus as the leaders, and then Jane, Alec, Demetri, Felix, Heidi and several other unnamed members of the guard.|
2) The Volturi are similar to a ruling body, and protect the secret of vampires by wiping out any ‘problems’ as vampire law defines.
3) The Volturi live in an ancient Tuscan city called ‘Volterra’.
4) Aro and Jane’s powers do not work on Bella.
|Creating a vampire|
|1) Creating a vampire requires much discipline in order to avoid drinking all of the victim’s blood and killing them. A normal vampire would most likely kill many humans in his attempt to create his first vampire.|
2) It only requires one bite to transform someone into a vampire, but additional bites will release more venom into the victim’s bloodstream, speeding up the transformation process, which takes 2-3 days.
3) Once bitten, the human will be screaming with writhing in pain as the venom spreads.
4) After being transformed, a newborn will be extremely thirsty. If given instruction beforehand about what is going to happen to them the vampire will be much less disorientated and violent.
|1) Vampires are considered ‘newborns’ when they have been vampires for less than one year. They are physically stronger than other vampires because of the residual human blood still in their veins.|
2) Newborns are preoccupied with thirst; this is their weakness and what allows older vampires to dominate them.
3) Newborn vampires eyes are bright red colour, brighter than an older vampire’s who has recently fed on human blood; the colour of their eyes does not fade all the way back to black, no matter who thirsty they are.
4) Newborn armies are created because newborn vampires rely on brute strength to win a fight, rather than skill. The vampire creating a newborn army would expect many of them to be killed in battle as a result.
5) Newborns are difficult to keep under control, and can easily destroy each other or expose themselves to humans (or the Volturi) with careless hunting patterns. A caretaker must ensure they are contained, their hunting is controlled and they clean up after themselves (.e hiding or disposing of bodies).
6) Any average newborn can be defeated by an older vampire who knows what she’s/ he’s doing, which is why newborns are usually created in armies when they are created for the purpose of destroying another coven.
7) Newborn vampire armies came into existence in the southern part of the North American continent in the early 1800s. The Volturi wiped out the original armies, and as a result, most newborn armies are kept small are rarely active in order to avoid unwanted Volturi attention.
|1) Werewolves are not affected by the moon, silver, or any other traditional wolf banes.|
2) In their wolf forms, the werewolf will appear as roughly the height of horses, and multi-hued in colour.
3) The wolves communicate through a pack mind
4) The wolves are fast and strong, they run at a higher body temperature than humans, and they heal from injuries almost immediately.
5) Werewolf phasing process is an immediate, explosive transformation. There is no slow morphing from human to wolf features. Werewolves tremble/shake while in their human forms just prior to phasing.
6) In human form, the wolves usually wear only shorts because they have to carry their clothes with them when they are wolves.
7) Becoming a werewolf for the first time is generally preceded by fever and occurs during puberty.
8) The wolves do not age after reaching maturity, unless they build up the self-control to quit phasing altogether and ‘give up their wolf’.
|The Quileute Wolf Pack|
|1) In Eclipse, the Quileute werewolf pack consists of; Sam Uley, Jacob, Jared, Paul, Embry Call, Quil, Leah Clearwater & Seth Clearwater. Leah is the only female werewolf in the history on the tribe.|
2) Sam Uley is the Alpha wolf, and pack leader. His Alpha commands must be obeyed by the other wolves. Jacob is second in command of the pack; like Sam, Jacob’s commands must be obeyed. Jacob is the rightful Alpha wolf, but he didn’t want to lead the pack or displace Sam.
3) The Quileute wolves’ nature is such that their ‘soul mates’ are chosen for them through and experience called ‘imprinting’. Imprinting is falling in love with someone unconditionally with no control – a ‘spiritual’, irresistible, all-consuming love that cannot be denied. SO far, the only wolves who have imprinted are Sam (with Emily), Jared (with Kim), and Quil (with Claire, a two year old)
4) Legend of Taha Aki & the third Wife: The Quileutes were first ‘spirit warriors’ who used something akin to astral projection to protect the tribe. Taha Aki was the last spirit warrior. The usurper Utlapa stole his body while his spirit was away so Taha Aki ‘shared’ bodies with a wolf to overthrow Utlapa. Taha Aki’s sons retained he ability to phase into wolf forms. After Taha Aki had lived for three generations and retired as Alpha wolf, a male vampire killed all of the current wolf pack but one before the vampire was destroyed. When the vampire’s mate came for revenge, she killed the last wolf protector and many people in the tribe. Taha Aki changed into a wolf again and fought the female vampire. He would not have won except for the third wife’s sacrifice. Two of the third wife’s pre-teen sons changed into wolves when they saw their mother die. From that point on, the werewolves were enemies to the vampires, and the descendants of Taha Aki only unlocked their ability to phase into wolves when vampires were near the tribe.
5) Now whenever vampires settle in the area near La Push (Quileute land), Quileute teenage boys start turning into werewolves in order to protect their people from the vampires. Thus, the Cullens moving to Forks has indirectly caused the Quileute boys to become werewolves.
6) The werewolves consider all vampires their enemies, the Cullen’s included.
7) Usual epithets between the two groups are: ‘leeches’ (vampires) and ‘dogs’ (werewolves).