1 winner over 18 years of age will win the following prize:
£2000 STA Travel gift voucher to be used against booking for USA product. Voucher can be used exclusively against flights from UK to USA, USA hotels and accommodation, USA tours and USA land product for 1 traveller and a companion.
The value of the voucher must be redeemed against a trip to the USA. Bookings must be made by 31st October 2016 and all travel must be completed by 31st January 2017.
Prize is subject to the terms and conditions below:
Competition Terms & Conditions
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
1. Entry is free and open to UK residents only, aged 18 years of age and over who enter their details into the competition entry form hosted on the STA Travel website or onto the competition entry slips available at the following events: Exeter University; The Enchanted Garden Ball; 04/06/16, Pangaea Festival; Manchester; 09/06/2016, Bournemouth University; Summer Ball, 11/06/2016.
2. The promoter of this competition is STA Travel, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W8 6TA.
3. Employees and immediate families of the promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. The promotion commences 27th May 2016 at 00.00 and finishes 12th June 2016 at 23.59 (BST)
5. Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter, STA Travel, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
6. The 1 winner will be chosen at random by the 24th June 2016. The winners will be notified by email following the selection (within 24 hours). Their name and entry may be published on www.statravel.com and via our social networks. The winner must confirm acceptance in writing of the terms and conditions and of the prize within 48 hours of being contacted by STA Travel In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. An alternate winner may be drawn up to 3 times. The name of the winner (first name, last name and city) may also be announced in the STA Travel e-newsletter.
7. Upon accepting the prize, the winner must confirm the names and contact details of all participants within 48 hour of accepting the prize.
8. The Promoter will award the specific prize to the second drawn entry if the prize remains unclaimed within a 48 hours period after the prize notification email is sent.
9. The prize is non-transferable or refundable. If the winner is unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner at their discretion.
10. The prize will be forfeited in the event that the winner cannot travel on the specified dates, refuse to sign release form or do not abide by any of the terms and conditions set out in this document.
11. The winning eligible participant will win:
£2000 STA Travel gift voucher to be used against booking for USA product. Voucher can be used exclusively against flights from UK to USA, USA hotels and accommodation, USA tours and USA land product for 1 traveler and a companion. Gift cards are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. STA Travel are unable to replace or reimburse the value of the card if it is lost or stolen. STA Travel Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase further Gift Cards. The STA Travel Gift Card can only be redeemed or topped up at UK STA Travel stores and the call centre in the UK, it cannot be redeemed or topped-up via www.statravel.co.uk or stores and call centres outside of the UK.
12. The prize does not include travel insurance (which is mandatory and must be obtained by the winner for the duration of the trip period) and spending money, meals, beverages, passports, optional activities, gratuities, transport to and from departure point and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winners.The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
13. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
14. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
15. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
16. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
17. The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.