1. The promoter of this competition is STA Travel, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W8 6TA.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is free and open to UK residents only (from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), aged between 18 and 30 years of age and who submit a valid entry to the Win a Trip to Canada for You and a Mate competition. In accepting the prize, the winner must confirm they comply with the following requirements:
a) All travel must be complete by 31st August 2017.
b) The winner is capable of creating video content to be used on social media channels and online by STA Travel.
c) The STA Travel social media policy will be explained prior to departure and must be adhered to.
d) The winner will provide STA travel, post travel period, with the following content within 2 weeks of return to the UK:
• 10 images
• Video content to be edited into 1 summary of the experience to be used on STA Travel online channels.
e) STA Travel will be given full usage rights for the content developed by the finalists and winner throughout the competition.
4. The promotion of this competition commences 22nd November at 00:00 and closes 9th December at 23:59 (BST).
5. The entry mechanic is as follows: The competition entry consists of 2 phases: a) competition entry form at Catch me if you Canada events or online at XXX b) finalist’s content submission.
• The Competition entry form: Entry slips are available at the following Catch Me If You Canada events: Nottingham 22nd November, 24th Sheffield and Leeds 25th November or online via XXXX.
• Finalist’s content submission: 10 finalists chosen at random will be required to submit a 30 second video representative of the entrant’s perception of an epic adventure in Canada, highlighting why they would like to win the trip to Canada. A panel of judges from STA Travel will select a winner based on their preference of the video submitted. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the decision.
Entry details can be found on the competition landing page at XXX
d) Any Entrant may be disqualified from this Competition at the discretion of the Promoter for any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or cheating in any way such as:
• Using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party "helper" applications or “bots” to simulate human interaction;
• Exploiting the application in any way or using the application in any way that circumvents the purpose and conditions of the Competition.
Only entries submitted following this entry mechanic will be deemed valid entries. Any entries which are deemed offensive and therefore not publishable will be disqualified at the discretion of the Promoter and no further correspondence will be entered into.
6. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
7. Entrants can only enter in their own name and all photographical content submitted must be created by the entrant themselves. The Promoter, STA Travel, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
8. The 10 finalists will be chosen at Random and will be notified by email on Friday 16th December.
In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternative finalist will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. Names and entries of all finalists and all entrants (first name, last name and city) may also be announced and published in the STA Travel e-newsletter, on statravel websites or on STA Travel’s social networks. The finalists must confirm acceptance in writing of being selected as a finalist and wishing to continue with the selection process within 48 hours of being contacted by STA Travel.
9. The 10 finalists will be required to submit 1 30 second video to the Promoter by 23rd December. The video submission must representative of the entrant’s perception of an epic adventure in Canada, highlighting why they would like to win the trip to Canada. A panel of judges from STA Travel will select a winner from the 10 finalists based on their preference of the video submitted. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the decision.
10. The final winner will be contacted on 6th January 2017 by email. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. The winner must confirm acceptance in writing of the prize and these terms and conditions within 24 hours of being contacted by STA Travel. An alternative winner may be selected up to 2 times.
11. The winning eligible entry will win a trip to Canada for 2 including:
a) 2x Return flights from London to Canada in Economy class to the value of £2000
b) Canada Land product: Either Campervan hire or 2 places on a small group tour (subject to availability) and to the value of £2000.
c) Total prize value in travel arrangements stated above up to £4000.
d) Photographic or go-pro video equipment specified by STA Travel to create the required content summary.
12. The prize is non-transferable or refundable. If the winners are unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner at their discretion. The prize is for the winner’s use only and in no way covers or includes support for any accompanying partner, family or friend.
13. Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winner’s responsibility to pay.
14. The winner is responsible for getting to any departure points (for tours / flights etc), in time for security checks and the check-in procedures on the day of departure. Travel costs to airports are at the winners own expense.
15. The organisers reserve the right for the winner to be required to pay for their return flight to London if they choose to return before the trip period has elapsed or outside of the dates specified by the promoter.
16. The prize does not include travel insurance (which is mandatory and must be obtained by the winner for the duration of the trip period), passports, meals/beverages (unless otherwise stated), any applicable taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation (unless otherwise stated) or any other costs of a personal nature not stated all of which are the sole responsibility of the winner.
17. By entering into this prize draw, the winners will be required to provide content to summarise their Trip to Canada.
a. The winner will receive no payment for this and assigns all rights to the content, including without limitation all intellectual property rights, to STA Travel and partners. STA Travel will own all of the rights to all content produced by the winner for perpetuity, with no exceptions. This includes image rights, and usage rights.
b. The winner will abide by the Promoter’s General Code of Conduct and Media Guidelines as outlined by STA Travel.
c. The winner's details may be used in publicity including being filmed before, during and / or after the trip prize.
18. The winner agrees to take part, without payment, in any publicity required by the Promoter or resulting from this promotion, during the trip period or post trip.
19. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other STA Travel or third party discounts or special offers.
20. Should the winner not complete the requirements outlined in these terms and conditions, the Promoter has the right to terminate all remaining accommodation, trips and cancel flights.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
22. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
23. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
24. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
25. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
26. All entries and further content produced but the winner and any copyright subsisting in the entries and further content become and remain the property of the Promoter and may be used in promotional activity indefinitely. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
27. The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
28. STA Travel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.