One winner (between 18 and 30 years of age), will receive a 24-day “Sheepdog” Kiwi Experience bus pass from Auckland to Christchurch, along with the following inclusions detailed below.
The competition is subject to the terms and conditions below:
1. The promoter of this competition is STA Travel, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W8 6TA.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is free and open to UK residents only (from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), aged between 18 and 30 years of age and who submit a valid entry to the Win an Epic Kiwi Adventure competition. Upon accepting the prize, the winner must confirm they comply with the following requirements:
a) The winner must be available to travel using the 24 day Kiwi Experience pass for dates departing from the 26th August 2016 and completing the 24 day trip by 29th September 2016.
b) The winner acknowledges that they will carry out adventure activities and extreme sports as chosen by the voting public (socially engaged STA Travel followers).
c) The winner must have a Twitter, Instagram and Facebook account.
d) The winner should be capable of creating and editing video content to be used on social media channels and for use by both STA Travel and Kiwi Experience. STA Travel will provide basic pre-departure training regarding suitable social media content.
e) The STA Travel social media policy will be explained prior to departure and must be adhered to.
f) Before Departure, the winner will provide STA Travel (within the time frames specified by STA Travel) the following:
A 1 minute video diary entries
g) The winner will provide STA travel, during the 24 day travel period, with the following live content:
Several video diary entries lasting at least 1 minute, including footage of the activities voted for by engaged followers. (exact amount TBC)
Daily content, posted from the winner to the Backpacker By STA Travel social profile, to include, as a minimum: 2 Instagram posts and 1 tweet per day on that day's activities.
The winner will post content of the various activities/adventure options for engaged followers to engage and vote on. The activity chosen by the public will be carried out by the competition winner. Due to lag and time difference, activity options will need to be posted a minimum 5 days before the chosen activity takes place.
Content will be re-serviced by STA Travel to STA Travel social channels and Tumblr account.
Other adhoc pieces for other 3rd party media where necessary
h) Upon return to the UK, the winner will provide STA Travel with the following:
4 blog posts about their travel experiences with Kiwi Experience. Themes and topics to be set by STA Travel prior to departure.
1 follow up video interview
All photographic and video assets taken during their time in New Zealand.
i) The winner will be required to stay in regular contact with STA Travel staff in London, before, during and after the travel period.
ii) STA Travel will be given full access to, and usage right for, the content developed by the finalists and winner throughout the Epic Kiwi Adventure competition.
j) The winner will be required to attend a training session 2 weeks before departure at STA Travel’s head office in London. During this session the STA Travel social media policy will be discussed as well as other details and guidelines relating to the prize.
k) There may be additional requirements relating to specific activities included in the prize and the winner may also be required to sign additional contracts relating to specific activities included in the prize.
4. The entry mechanic is as follows: The competition entry consists of 2 phases: a) Photo/Image submission and b) Skype interview.
a) The Photo/Image submission: Entrants must post an image on social media channels Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using STA Travel social handles; @STAtravel/@statravel_uk/@statravel_ my epic adventure is…
The image brief is to submit a creative photo or image interpretation, representative of the entrant’s perception of an epic adventure. A panel of judges from STA Travel and Kiwi Experience will select 5 finalists based on their preference of the images submitted. That preference will be based on the judging panel’s collective and unanimous opinion that the finalists are each capable of producing engaging content representative of STA Travel and Kiwi Experience. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the decision.
Entry details can be found on the competition landing page at statravel.co.uk.
b) Skype interview stage: The 5 finalists will have 48 hours to accept an invite to interview on Skype. The finalists will be judged on their presentation skill, sociability and ability to engage the interviewers on digital media. The winner will be selected from the 5 finalists by a panel of STA Travel judges. The promoters decision is final and the promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the decision.
d) Any Entrant may be disqualified from this Competition at the discretion of the Promoter for any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or cheating in any way such as:
• Using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party "helper" applications or “bots” to simulate human interaction;
• Exploiting the application in any way or using the application in any way that circumvents the purpose and conditions of the Competition.
Only entries submitted following this entry mechanic will be deemed valid entries. Any entries which are deemed offensive and therefore not publishable will be disqualified at the discretion of the Promoter and no further correspondence will be entered into.
5. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, Kiwi Experience, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
6. The photo entry opens 16th June 2016 at 18.00 and closes on 30th June at 23:59 (BST). The Skype interviews for those qualifying will take place on 8th June between 10:00 and 11:00. The finalists must be available on this date for interview.
7. Entrants can only enter in their own name and all photographical content submitted must be created by the entrant themselves. The Promoter, STA Travel, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. Entrants will be required to provide proof by way of the original image file that any video and photography is created by themselves
8. The 5 finalists will be selected and notified by email on Friday 1st July. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternative finalist will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. Names and entries of all finalists and all entrants (first name, last name and city) may also be announced and published in the STA Travel e-newsletter, on statravel websites or on STA Travel’s social networks. The finalists must confirm acceptance in writing of being selected as a finalist and wishing to continue with the selection process within 48 hours of being contacted by STA Travel. They must also confirm their availability for the Skype interview stage within 48 hours of being contacted by STA Travel. An alternative winner may be selected up to 2 times.
9. The final winner will be chosen after both phases of the selection process are undertaken by STA Travel. The winner will be notified on 13th July by email. The winner will be announced on 15th July or as soon as possible afterwards, by STA Travel on STA Travel social media channels as long as the winner has accepted the prize in writing. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. The winner must confirm acceptance in writing of the prize and these terms and conditions within 24 hours of being contacted by STA Travel. An alternative winner may be selected up to 2 times.
10. The winning eligible entry will win a trip to New Zealand for 24 days excluding flying time, including:
a) Return flights from London to Auckland in Economy class, including internal one way flight in economy class from Christchurch to Auckland.
b) 24-day Kiwi Experience pass from Auckland to Christchurch. The “Sheepdog” pass plus “Bay of Islands” and “Milford Explorer add-ons. Pass includes transport, driver/guide and standard activities.
c) Hostel pass covering accommodation for the duration of the trip
d) 1x Kiwi Experience “Wet Water Wonderland” activity package
e) 1x Kiwi Experience “Kiwi As” activity package
f) Additional activities in Taupo and Queenstown as chosen by the voting public. Details of these will be specified when the winner is announced. The winner must accept to take part in these activities. Refusal will be considered as forfeiting the competition prize and a new winner will be chosen.
g) Photographic and video equipment on loan from a third party partner specified by STA Travel
11. The Kiwi Experience bus pass, flight tickets , land prizes and all other prizes are non-negotiable and subject to availability. The winners must accept the whole prize. All itinerary dates and times are at the discretion of the Promoter. Frequent flyer points may not be used towards the flights and may not be gained from these flights.
12. The prize is non transferable or refundable. If the winners are unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner at their discretion. The prize is for the winner’s use only and in no way covers or includes support for any accompanying partner, family or friend.
13. Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winner’s responsibility to pay.
14. The winner is responsible for getting to any departure points (for tours / flights etc), in time for security checks and the check-in procedures on the day of departure. Travel costs to airports are at the winners own expense.
15. The organisers reserve the right for the winner to be required to pay for their return flight to London if they choose to return before the trip period has elapsed or outside of the dates specified by the promoter.
16. The prize does not include travel insurance (which is mandatory and must be obtained by the winner for the duration of the trip period), passports, meals/beverages (unless otherwise stated), any applicable taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation (unless otherwise stated) or any other costs of a personal nature not stated all of which are the sole responsibility of the winner.
17. By entering into this prize draw, the winners will be required to report on his/her experiences whilst in New Zealand via updates, blogs and content uploads to the pre-existing social media platforms (Facebook page, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram,Tumblr etc.) until at least the end of the trip. For the duration of the trip period the winner will undertake the promotion of Kiwi Experience and STA Travel only.
a. The winner will receive no payment for this and assigns all rights to the content, including without limitation all intellectual property rights, to STA Travel and partners. STA Travel will own all of the rights to all content produced by the winner for perpetuity, with no exceptions. This includes image rights, and usage rights.
b. The winner will abide by the Promoter’s General Code of Conduct and Media Guidelines as outlined by STA Travel.
c. The winner's details may be used in publicity including being filmed before, during and / or after the trip prize.
18. The winner is required to participate in all activities included in the itinerary.
19. The winner agrees to take part, without payment, in any publicity required by the Promoter or resulting from this promotion, during the trip period or post trip.
20. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other STA Travel or third party discounts or special offers.
21. Should the winner not complete the requirements outlined in these terms and conditions, the Promoter has the right to terminate all remaining accommodation, trips and cancel flights.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
23. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
24. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
25. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
26. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
27. All entries and further content produced but the winner and any copyright subsisting in the entries and further content become and remain the property of the Promoter and may be used in promotional activity indefinitely. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
28. The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
29. STA Travel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.