Terms and Conditions
1 winner (between 18 and 31 years of age), will win a STA Travel BlueTicket to the value of £750 only. Travel will be in economy class.
Bookings must be made instore only by 1st June 2018 and travel should be complete by 31st December 2018.
The competition is subject to the terms and conditions below:
1. The promoter of this competition is STA Travel, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W8 6TA.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is free and open to UK residents only (from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), aged between 18 and 31 years of age and who submit a valid entry to the Blue Monday BlueTicket competition.
4. The promotion of this competition commences 15th January 2018 at 00:01 and closes 15th January at 23:59 (BST).
5. Competition entry is via the Blue Monday competition landing page at: http://www.statravel.co.uk/win.htm
Terms and conditions and full entry details can be found here.
Only entries submitted following this entry mechanic will be deemed valid entries. Any entries which are deemed offensive and therefore not publishable will be disqualified at the discretion of the Promoter and no further correspondence will be entered into.
6. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
7. Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter, STA Travel, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
8. The winner will be chosen at random and notified by email on Tuesday 16th January.
In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternative finalist will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. Names and entries of all finalists and all entrants (first name, last name and city) may also be announced and published in the STA Travel e-newsletter, on statravel websites or on STA Travel’s social networks. The finalists must confirm acceptance in writing of being selected as the winner within 24 hours of being contacted by STA Travel.
9. The winning eligible entry will win a STA Travel BlueTicket to the value of £750 for one passenger aged between 18 and 30 only.
10. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. If the winners are unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner at their discretion. The prize is for the winner’s use only and in no way covers or includes support for any accompanying partner, family or friend.
11. Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winner’s responsibility to pay.
12. The winner is responsible for getting to any departure points for flights in time for security checks and the check-in procedures on the day of departure. Travel costs to airports are at the winners own expense.
13. The prize does not include travel insurance (which is mandatory and must be obtained by the winner for the duration of the trip period. Any applicable taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature are the sole responsibility of the winner.
14. The winner agrees to take part, without payment, in any publicity required by the Promoter or resulting from this promotion, during the trip period or post trip.
15. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other STA Travel or third party discounts or special offers.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
17. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
18. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
19. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
21. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries and further content become and remain the property of the Promoter and may be used in promotional activity indefinitely. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
22. The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
23. STA Travel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.