1 person will win a trip to a destination of their choice with Contiki. This includes: return flights from London in economy class to the value of £500 only and a Contiki tour to a destination of their choice for 1 person to the value of £1000 only.
Booking must be made by 30 September 2019.
Travel must be complete by 31 December 2019.
The competition is subject to the terms and conditions below:
1. The promoter of this competition is STA Travel, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W8 6TA.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
3. Entry is free and open to UK residents only (from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), who submit a valid entry to the Win a trip with Contiki competition. In accepting the prize, the winner must confirm they comply with the following requirements:
a) Complete a valid entry between 12th January and 15th March 2019
b) Must be aged between 18 and 30 years old
c) Travel must be booked by 30 September 2019 and must take place before 31 December 2019
4. The following entry mechanic applies:
The competition entry form hosted online at: https://www.statravel.co.uk/contiki-tours.htm
Only those entrants who complete the full entry form will be deemed valid entries and taken forward to the random entry draw.
The winner will be chosen at random and will be contacted no later than 30th March 2019.
5. Any Entrant may be disqualified from this Competition at the discretion of the Promoter for any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or cheating in any way such as:
• Using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party "helper" applications or “bots” to simulate human interaction;
• Exploiting the application in any way or using the application in any way that circumvents the purpose and conditions of the Competition.
Only entries submitted following the specified entry mechanics will be deemed valid entries. Any entries which are deemed offensive and therefore not publishable will be disqualified at the discretion of the Promoter and no further correspondence will be entered into.
6. The prize comprises:
- Return flights in economy class and departing from London to the value of £500 only for 1 person.
- A Contiki Tour to the value of £1000 only for 1 person aged 18-30.
The promoter reserves the right to choose the airline carrier used as part of the prize.
7. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
8. Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter, STA Travel, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter's satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter's decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
9. The final winner will be contacted by email and/or phone and/or social media. In the event that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. The winner must confirm acceptance in writing of the prize and these terms and conditions within 48 hours of being contacted by STA Travel. An alternative winner may be selected up to 2 times.
10. The prize is non-transferable or refundable. If the winners are unable to travel in accordance with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner at their discretion. The prize is for the winner’s use only and in no way covers or includes support for any accompanying partner, family or friend.
11. Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winner’s responsibility to pay.
12. The winner is responsible for getting to any departure points (for tours / flights etc), in time for security checks and the check-in procedures on the day of departure. Travel costs to airports are at the winners own expense.
13. The organisers reserve the right for the winner to be required to pay for their return flight to London if they choose to return before the trip period has elapsed or outside of the dates specified by the promoter.
14. The prize does not include travel insurance (which is mandatory and must be obtained by the winner for the duration of the trip period), passports, meals/beverages (unless otherwise stated), any applicable taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation (unless otherwise stated), accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated all of which are the sole responsibility of the winner.
14. The winner agrees to take part, without payment, in any publicity required by the Promoter or resulting from this promotion, during the trip period or post trip.
16. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other STA Travel or third party discounts or special offers.
17. Should the winner not complete the requirements outlined in these terms and conditions, the Promoter has the right to terminate all remaining accommodation, trips and cancel flights.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
19. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
20. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
21. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
22. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
23. The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
24. STA Travel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.