Start the adventure


0333 321 0099*
Call us from 9AM-10PM Mon-Fri, 9AM-6PM Sat & 10AM-5:30PM Sun *Free within inclusive minutes package on mobile otherwise standard rates apply

Canada Travel Guide

Travel to Canada and explore the unspoilt wilderness of its forests, lakes and mountains. With big cities and a unique North American culture to boot. Imagine the ultimate adventure in the second largest country on Earth, from spending the summer by Canada's iconic lakes, to soaking up the culture in Québec or checking out the urban cafe scene in Vancouver.

Canada Fast Facts


Languages Spoken

21% of the population speak French

The rest of the population speak English and a multitude of other languages. More languages are spoken in Toronto than any other city in the world.



Name: Canadian Dollar
Code: CAD
Symbol: $


Time Zones

Newfoundland Time (GMT - 2:30)
Atlantic Time (GMT - 3)
Eastern Standard time (GMT - 5)
Central time (GMT - 6)
Mountain Time (GMT - 7)
Pacific Time (GMT - 8)

Top Cities in Canada

It may be famous for being outdoorsy, but Canada's big cities offer world-class cultural experiences as well. Head to one of Toronto's music festivals, soak up the atmosphere at Calgary stampede, or sample the craft beer culture in Vancouver.








Canada Travel Costs


Expect to pay between $4 and $7 for a beer in a bar. It is customary to tip bar staff, with around $1 per drink. Beers will be more expensive in cities like Toronto and Vancouver.


Snacks and meals from markets and supermarkets are between $8-$12, whilst dinner in a good restaurant will usually start from around $20 plus drinks.

Taxi Ride

The cost of a taxi in Canada depends on the city. Toronto and Vancouver are generally more expensive, but more cabs will be on the meter.



Travel on buses and subways will cost around $3. To travel independently, you can book a campervan with us from just £17pp per day!



Dorm beds in hostels will cost between $25 and $40. Campsites are likely to be $25 to $35.



A room in a midrange hotel would be somewhere between $80 and $100 - but expect to pay more in the major cities and during peak season.


Canada Highlights






Niagara Falls

mini adventures





Ski Whistler

Whistler guide





Food & Drink in Vancouver

Vancouver Guide





Working Holidays

Work in Canada

What to do in Canada

ski canada
Work in Canada
Kick-start your working holiday with the help of our experts who will help you through the visa application process, job hunting and ensure you hit the ground running when you arrive in Canada.

 From £389
Find out more
Canada Adventure Tours
Two weeks is ample opportunity to explore Canada with a small group tour. Make new friends while you journey to Canada's best sights and popular cities! All tours include transport and accommodation.
Up to 15% off
search tours
Mini Adventures in Canada
Pushed for time? Our Canada mini-adventures span from half-day trips to 5 day experiences. Take in Niagara Falls, spot wild bears, discover the Rockies, trek through Banff or even heli-hike through the British Columbian mountains... 
Campervan Hire
Canada boasts picture-perfect scenery that will blow your socks off. With a month to play with you can hire a campervan and hit the open road, stopping off in remote campsites and really get into the wild!
Canada tours
Canada Bus Adventures
Discover a range of fixed itinerary trips on set departure dates or if you fancy exploring the West Coast then you can either choose to do your selected route with or without included accommodation.
Up to 20% off
Find Out More
canada Rail
Canada Rail Passes
Canada's the perfect destination to explore by rail. Check out our flexible rail passes on offer to help kick start your Canadian adventure!

Reclaim your freedom

Don't want a tour, but kind of need one? INDI have you covered. With tours tailored to you, it's no fuss if you'd rather your ditch hiking boots for your party shoes! 
Find out more

Do I need a visa for Canada?

Depending on your nationality, you may need an Electronic Travel Authorization or visa to enter Canada. Currently British citizens can enter Canada with an eTA if you arrive by air but this could be subject to change. All travellers should check current visa and passport regulations before travelling to Canada, and allow plenty of time to acquire the correct documentation. For information about working visas for Canada, click here.

How can I work in Canada?

Students and young people can apply for a work abroad program in Canada through BUNAC. We can help you apply for a Canadian Working Holiday Visa or give assistance with finding a job when you are in Canada.

Need a little more inspiration? Check out the STA Travel blog!

STA Travel Blog

Talk like a Canadian

Read On
STA Travel Blog

A Dummies Guide To Working In Canada

Read On
STA Travel Blog

Where In Canada Should I Spend My Summer?

Read On